If anyone out there has any history of Ellenburg ( Photos, newspapers, newspaper clippings, or stories that have been past down or anything you might think is interesting) please get in touch with our town historian Joan Hobbs at 518-594-7707 13 Brandy Brook PO BOX 22 Ellenburg Center, NY 12934
Welcome to the official Town of Ellenburg, NY municipal website. This website provides a variety of resources for the local residents of the area, including history, contact information, local links, and important forms. Ellenburg has a population of 1743 as of the 2010 census. The town is on the western side of the county and is located northwest of Plattsburg, NY. The south part of the town is in the Adirondack Park. Ellenburg is a wonderful place to raise a family.
LEGAL NOTICE OF RESOLUTION OF THE TOWN BOARD OF THE TOWN OF ELLENBURG SUBJECT TO A PERMISSIVE REFERENDUM ABSTRACT OF RESOLUTION ADOPTED BY TOWN BOARD OF THE TOWN OF ELLENBURG ESTABLISHING THE LYON MOUNTAIN AMBULANCE DISTRICT IN THE TOWN OF ELLENBURG NOW THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the Town Board, during a meeting conducted on September 10, 2019, following due deliberation of the Map, Plan, and Report and after conducting a public hearing concerning the creation of the Lyon Mountain Ambulance District, that the establishment of said District in the Town of Ellenburg is in the best interests of the residents of the Town of Ellenburg; and
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED AND DETERMINED by the Town Board of the Town of Ellenburg that: 1. the Notice of Hearing was published and posted as required by law and is otherwise sufficient as required by the Town Law; 2. that all the property and property owners within the prospective District are benefitted by the establishment of said District; 3. that all the property and property owners benefitted are included within the limits of the proposed District; and 4. that the establishment of such ambulance District is in the public interest; and
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED AND DETERMINED, that Town Board of the Town of Ellenburg hereby approves the establishment of the Lyon Mountain Ambulance District in the Town of Ellenburg pursuant to Town Law §209-e as previously described on the Map, Plan, and Report filed with the Town Clerk and that this resolution is subject to a permissive referendum as provided by the Town Law; and
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that pursuant to Town Law §198 (10-f)(e), the Town Board hereby establishes and appoints a District Board of Ambulance Commissioners who shall act in an advisory capacity to the Town Board with regard to the operation of the Lyon Mountain Ambulance District and who shall serve at the pleasure of the Town Board that shall be comprised of no more than three persons and whose initial commissioners shall be appointed for a one, two, or three-year term and thereafter, said commissioners shall be appointed and staggered, three-year terms; and
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED AND DETERMINED, that the Town Clerk is hereby directed to prepare all of the documents and perform all of the functions necessary for the distribution, publication, posting, and execution of this resolution and related matters as required by statute.
This RESOLUTION is subject to a Permissive Referendum
Dated: September 10, 2019 Bethany Drown Fortin, Town Clerk
ORDER of the Town of Ellenburg Town Board Pursuant to Town Law § 209-d.
1. The description of the boundaries of the proposed Lyon Mountain Ambulance District in the Town of Ellenburg is as follows: The new ambulance district will encompass that portion of the Town of Ellenburg, within the existing boundaries of the Lyon Mountain Fire District and more particularly described as follows:
The properties within the Town of Ellenburg that are to be included in the Lyon Mountain Ambulance District are all those properties within the Town that are located within the boundaries of the Lyon Mountain Fire District. According to Resolution 32 dated December 8, 2003 that established the Lyon Mountain Fire District, the affected properties are described (in part) as being:
Parts of Great Lots 115, 116, 117, 118, 119 and 120 located within the Town of Ellenburg and all of Great Lots 61, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 and 106 and more particularly described as follows: All that certain portion of said Town of Ellenburg, beginning at a point on the east bounds of Lot 115, said point being the point of intersection of Ellenburg-Dannemora Town Line with Lot 115; thence northerly along the east bounds of Lots 115 and 106 to the northeast corner of Lot 106; thence westerly along the southerly bounds of 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98 and 99 to the southeast corner of Lot 100 and 61 to the northeast corner of Lot 61; thence westerly along the northerly bounds of Lot 61 to the Clinton-Franklin County Line; thence southerly along the Clinton-Franklin County Line; and southerly along the westerly bounds of Lots 61, 100, 101 and 120 to the northwest corner of the Town of Dannemora; thence easterly along the Ellenburg-Dannemora Town Line, said Town Line running through the southerly portions of Lots 120, 119, 118, 117, 116 and 115 to the point of beginning.
2. The improvement proposed is the creation of an ambulance district to provide for supplying certain services, to wit, emergency medical and ambulance services by providing for the establishment of a taxing district to supply a stable, tax-based stream of funding for the provision of Basic and Advanced Life Support services and ambulance transport services within the proposed district.
3. The maximum amount to be expended for the proposed district improvement in 2020 is $120,000.00. The anticipated maximum amount to be expended annually in the future for providing the services is expected to remain fairly stable although incremental increases on an annual basis in amounts above $120,000.00 are reasonably anticipated going forward as the costs for the service are not expected to decrease. Other than user fees for those persons who use service, there are no other fees anticipated.
4. The estimated cost for the proposed ambulance district (improvement) to the typical property in the proposed district, that being a typical one or two-family home in the district with an assessed valuation of $150,000 is $397.50.
5. The proposed means for funding the proposed district is by means of ad valorem tax levies on all taxable properties within the district. There is no plan to finance the establishment of the proposed district.
6. The Map, Plan, and Report for the proposed district will be on file and available for public inspection in the Office of the Town Clerk commencing on August 21, 2019.
7. The Town of Ellenburg will conduct a Public Hearing to hear all persons interested in the creation of the ambulance district on Tuesday, September 10, 2019, commencing at 6:30 p.m. at the Town of Ellenburg Town Hall 13 Brandy Brook Road Ellenburg Center, NY 12934, or at another suitable location as may be determined.
8. The estimated rate of assessment for the proposed ambulance district was computed based upon projected revenues needed to sustain the current level of service by tax levies for the properties that comprise the constituent taxable properties within the proposed ambulance district.
9. Absent further action by the Town Board, this ORDER shall be deemed adopted and effective as of August 22, 2019.
Dated: August 20, 2019 Bethany Fortin, Town Clerk
There is now a new web page for Ellenburg Solar. Check it out. https://bullrunsolar.com/
We now have a new code enforcement officer. Adam Trombley His office hours will be Monday from 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm or by appointment.
Please note the following change. Town board meetings will be held on the third Tuesday of each month at 6:30 pm.
Please note: Office locations have changed and the town clerk is now located at the municipal center.
The Tax Collector is now located in the Town Hall and the Town Clerks Office is now located at the Municipal Center next to the Courtroom. Town meetings are now on the third Tuesday @ 6:30pm.